Did you know that there is a recommended thickness for your brake discs?
- During an MOT your brake pads and discs are only visually checked – wheels on
- During an interim service the brakes are visually checked – wheels off
- During a mileage/annual or full service the brake pads and discs are measured (mm) – wheels off
Other things to think about or consider with your braking system
- How does the brake pedal feel?
- Do the brakes feel soft/spongy?
- Does it take you longer to stop?
- Do you have to press firmer on the pedal?
- Do you hear any grinding/scraping noises?
Once we have carried out a brake pad or disc & pad change, Swale MOT has the ability to carry out a roller brake test as well as performing a road test..